Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Framboise...

......... is the English equivalent for Raspberry. I love all kinds of berries actually. My day begins with some fresh blackberries, raspberries, cranberries and strawberries (or Yakult if I'm running out of time). Very rich in Vit C and antioxidants!

Raspberries are usually sold in packs of 2 here. You can buy one of cos, but it's cheaper if you get 2. Anyway, one pack is only that many (ard 25 of them), I can finish 1 pack myself easily at one go.



Raspberry with Fromage blanc.
(I did a search and even asked William but there isn't an equivalent word in English that means "Fromage blanc" itself. )

Fromage frais (also known as fromage blanc, maquée and similar to some kinds of quark)) is a dairy product, originating from Belgium and the north of France. The name literally means "fresh cheese" (with fromage blanc meaning "white cheese").

Pure fromage frais is virtually fat free, but cream is frequently added to improve the flavor, which also increases the fat content, frequently to as high as 8 percent of total weight.

Fromage frais can be served either as a dessert similar to yogurt, frequently with added fruit, or used in savory dishes. It is often served with honey in restaurants, as fromage blanc au miel.

Source: Wikipedia

Yoghurt or fromage blanc is an everyday affair in the French diet. I don't hate it but I don't really love it either. I just eat it as and when I feel like it, usually, with a pack of fruits like raspberries in my hand. William will then asked me (like tonight) whether the main dessert is the yoghurt/fromage blanc or the raspberries.

Can't we have both at the same time??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment