Pages

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

5 August 2009

I was on my way home from Fami's house (did a bit of shopping with her) and I saw this homeless old man around his 70s with a pair of swollen eyes, several injuries on his limbs with a soiled blanket in toil entering the metro compartment where I was sitting. I was curious about his injuries and upon closer observation, he was carrying a plastic pharmacy bag full of pills. To cut the story short, I gathered all the small change I could find in my wallet and gave it to him, it may be just a few euros but I wasn't the only one giving him coins in the compartment, I think it would be enough to tide him by.

There are a lot of homeless people here in Paris, many for the wrong reasons, I don't like it when I see people who are healthy with 4 limbs properly attached abusing compassion in every possible ways.

I don't donate often (I'm not rich to do that too), I only do it when I think the person deserve it.

There is only one thought in my head when I perform charitable deeds, I thank whoever it is high up there in the skies that my parents are healthy and have a comfortable level of living. I believe in karma and I pray my act of kindness will give continued health and well being to these 2 people who gave me life and have had brought me up in the finest way they could offer me all this while.



Autumn/Winter 2009/10 collection
2 pairs of buttery soft leather ballerinas - midnight blue & dusty pink!!
They have black & dark grey too, I got these 2 cos I don't wanna give up either of them.


Shown in the same pic: A grey & pink scarf on sale perfect for this coming Autumn!!



No comments:

Post a Comment