Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

[Up] was nice


Prawn Dumpling
I tried to fold them like a fish, does this look like a fish?

This is also W's version of "魔鬼"。He got this name at Yum Cha in Singapore. He loves that place and their prawn dumplings has a name that sounds like "魔鬼" but I forgot what it is. Anyway, he will always tell me he wants his "魔鬼" and by that you have to understand it is his prawn dumplings. LoL! (He pronounces "魔鬼" quite accurately though!)



***************


Braised Pork in Soy Sauce & Herbs
Belly Pork is the best for this dish. With streaks of fats running across the meat give the "melting" sensation when you eat them later.

I kept all the herbs in a tie-string bag where you can get it in some shops selling household wares here in Paris. It's meant for soups and such. The main purpose is not to piss the hell out of me - herbs in bits & pieces all over the dish. You just want the flavour to the sauce, not to eat them.



***************



茶泡饭。
I bought this when I was taking my own sweet time (as usual. lol!) browsing the shelves in the Japanese supermarket discovering new or untried products which may interest me. It's a tea-based product where you eat it with a simple bowl of rice. There are 5 flavours in this package (seaweed, plum flavoured, salmon, etc.) Open up 1 sachet, sprinkled it over a bowl of rice, pour boiling water over it & you're done! I like it on days where I don't feel like cooking and just want to eat something really simple & light.



***************


I didn't make this Chee Cheong Fun, I bought them but I made the sauce cos they don't sell it. I still prefer the Cantonese salty version with sesame oil though.



Recently, I like to eat the rice from the Hainanese Chicken Rice. Eating them with a bowl of dumpling soup and my fav veggies. The glass that looked as if it contained pee is actually chrysanthemun tea (The weather's been quite hot recently!).




[Up] We had a good laugh at the movie theatre last Saturday and W keep telling me he wants a dog with a big nose like Dug in the movie. I'm not really into pets in my home mainly because of my sensitive nose and well, I just don't really like jumping, running or moving animals in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment