I've been doing one-dish meal loads. It is easy and fast. "One dish meal" in my dictionary defines a dish that comprises of vegetables, meat and rice (or noodles, or anything carbohydrates).
麻婆豆腐 is nice especially during cold weather conditions.
麻婆豆腐, or Mapo Tofu, is a popular Chinese dish from the Sichuan (Szechuan) province. It is a combination of tofu (bean curd) set in a spicy chilli- and bean-based sauce.
People don't usually drizzle beaten eggs into their Mapo Tofu but I did it for mine cos I like them. =)

Mixed vegetables, minced beef (no more minced pork in the fridge), silken tofu (yums!!), beaten eggs in chilli bean-based sauce.

Every Asian needs his/her bowl of rice to feel right at some point of the day. LOL


Mixed vegetables, minced beef (no more minced pork in the fridge), silken tofu (yums!!), beaten eggs in chilli bean-based sauce.

Every Asian needs his/her bowl of rice to feel right at some point of the day. LOL

The French living with me tasted this and told me it is very similar to chilli corn carne. Really?















Whenever I cook Mapo Tofu for my family, I always like to serve it on a hotplate where I had poured a beaten egg onto the sizzling hotplate before putting the Mapo Tofu onto it. The egg is then cooked both ways, by the heat from the hotplate and from the mapo tofu. My style of 铁板麻婆豆腐, the sizzling hotplate makes it extra hot and spicy :)
ReplyDelete-carol
I know why it tastes like chilli corncarne, it's the minced beef and tomato paste base of the mapo sauce. :)
ReplyDelete-carol
That is such a fantastic idea that you have brought up! Now, I need to think where I can get the hot plate here!! Makes me drool already!! I wouldn't mind the good old 铁板豆腐 either!
ReplyDeletej’achète normalement du tofu chez auchan ou monop mais c tellement cher! un copain de honkong m’a dit que c très peu cher là-bas! :-O
ReplyDelete@Marie Oui, Le tofu est un produit qui coût très bas en Asie. Même si elle est d'excellente qualité, il ne doit pas dépasser 2,50€. Le tofu bio chez Monoprix (parce que je les ai achetés déja) n'est pas le tofu que nous mangent habituellement. Ces tofu a été congelé dans le processus et la texture est très différente.
ReplyDeleteLe meilleur tofu que vous pouvez obtenir à Paris à partir de mon expérience est chez Tang Frères, j'ai obtenu une boite pour 0,80 €.
merci je vais y jeter un œil! marie
ReplyDeleteVas y vas y! Tu ne le le regretteras pas!! =D
ReplyDelete