The marché - French open-air market, similar to our wet market concept in Singapore where things are cheaper and fresher compared to what we can find in supermarkets, but here, the floors aren't wet, or not as wet. Also, they are usually located along a street or on the pavement between 2 roads. Yes, that's right, between 2 roads with on-going traffic in opposite directions.
This is one nice aspect of France. Their agricultural products are often excellent in quality (unless the weather for that year is really bad).
This is one nice aspect of France. Their agricultural products are often excellent in quality (unless the weather for that year is really bad).
This is the one near to where I live and there are a lot of local producers selling the same stuff, but I always patronise this one.
Different varieties of French potatoes - Galante, Chérie, Monalisa, nice names. LoL.

I don't like potatoes, so I usually skip this section, except for the onions (they come from Spain, as written on the board).
(From clockwise) Green chilli, Spinach & Beetroot.

(From clockwise) Radish, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, Paris mushrooms.

Different varieties of mushrooms.

Seasonal plants & flowers right next to the vegetable stall.

I find this especially unique.

♥♥ 4 big bags of vegetables. ♥♥

I got myself 2 bags of spinach, 2 bundles of watercress and 1 big green chilli for the week.

I don't like potatoes, so I usually skip this section, except for the onions (they come from Spain, as written on the board).
(From clockwise) Green chilli, Spinach & Beetroot.

I got their big green chilli (All asians know that the smaller the chilli, the spicier and more deadly it is), this chilli I got is for my Korean side dish later. Also, I got 2 huge bags of spinach to last me for the whole week. Spinach sold here are often washed and leaves nicely plucked for you. Not really sure why, but it saved me some work (I still rinsed them in running water a couple of times when I get back home because I am just plain anal when it comes to food hygiene).
(From clockwise) Radish, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, Paris mushrooms.

Different varieties of mushrooms.

The one in orange is named, "Girolle" - it is seasonal and is very nice when you stir fry it with just some minced garlic and salt. I like it.
Seasonal plants & flowers right next to the vegetable stall.

I find this especially unique.

♥♥ 4 big bags of vegetables. ♥♥

I got myself 2 bags of spinach, 2 bundles of watercress and 1 big green chilli for the week.















Are those enough? I usually finish my veggies super-fast, your bags seem only enough for maximum 5 days' worth for me leh...
ReplyDeleteAs for the unique cactus-family plant, I saw the dark green version in SG's Ikea and was so taken with it because it reminded me of a lotus flower (lotus is my favorite flower! Don't know how to appreciate roses but I love lotus :D )
- carol
That's a freaking accurate estimation. I just need it to last for 5 working days, cos either Fri or Sat, I'll be in a more relaxed and happier mood to roam the aisles of the supermarkets or markets for food when I'm off work.
ReplyDeleteI think they "dye" those cactus plants. Cos the florist indicated on the board that they are "coloured". Genetically modified?
Oyea, roses aren't my fav too. I don't know what I like most really, depends on where I want those flowers or plants to be, I guessed. Or it depends on mood? I'm not really a flowery person. But, I love greenery around me. Though, I know roses is too... erm... I don't know how to say/describe, it is just not my kind of flower. You get it? LOL
ReplyDeleteHello~ I'm the supermarket queen lor. of course I can do very good estimates after cooking for the family for so many years ;-P
ReplyDeleteAs for the greenery thing, yep, I get what you mean :) That's y i chose to get an aloe vera for my apartment here
-carol
I just think roses are too much 温室里的小花 kind of flower. Needs too much TLC and arghhh. A flower with a "personality" that I don't appreciate much. Makes me vexed. LOL! If I whine, and ly flowers whine too, can you imagine what will happen? I need "positive, strong & gungho" plants that dont really need me. Hahahaahhaa!!
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling dat the best plant for u will be... plastic plants, lol~
ReplyDeleteThey're "positively" ever-green, super-strong n gungho, wont wilt no matter how much u whine to them n most importantly, yep, they dun need u to survive, lol!
-carol
LOL! That's kinda true. but I don't like plastic plants. I read that they aint very good for fengshui too... I think I need cactus. LOL
ReplyDelete