Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Automne 2011 #31

With the spinach & watercress that I bought from the marché, I used 30 mins to prepare my one week supply of vegetable side dishes, because working = (1) no time (2) not much time (3) not in a mood for cooking.

I like preparing Korean-styled side dishes because they keep well.

And, I'm preparing watercress and spinach together because I'm using almost the same seasonings (less complicated when it comes to preparation and much faster when it comes to process), the only major difference would be one is spicy, the other isn't.


Coordination is the key here. I boil the vegetables in batches because of their quantity. If you boil them altogether, there will be some parts that are undercooked, and some overcooked cos you cannot turn them in time in the boiling water.

Also, get the tub of cold water right next to the stove, so that you can transfer them quickly to stop the cooking process.


After 10 mins of mixing the seasonings, store them in air-tight containers before putting them into the fridge.


Dinner - 2 servings of watercress & 1 serving of spinach, with pork slices in XO-sauce (spicy version).


I felt really full after this, it must be all that fibre.

No comments:

Post a Comment