Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Swedish X'mas Market 2011 #1

My Swedish colleague invited everyone in the office to visit the Swedish X'mas market held in his church during lunch time last Friday. I didn't know there is a Swedish church in Paris and I was really excited cos' he told us there would be Swedish meatballs (Köttbullar) better than Ikea's!! Mulled wine - warmed & mixed with spices (Glögg) and hotdogs!!

I realised it was within walking distance from where I live (and just a street away from the Embassy of Singapore) - You never notice what is usually right under your eyes most of the time, isn't it?


The Swedish flag flying in glory.



I'm not a church go-er but I like the place, gives off the cosy vibes.


Everyone loves a X'mas tree, right?


The Swedish mummies and grandmothers were selling fresh food in the exterior compounds of the church, while the Swedish or Scandinavian handicrafts, X'mas decorations,  dried, canned, packed and frozen food, etc were being sold inside the church.


No comments:

Post a Comment