I found this packet of "bean sprouts" in the Korean supermarket that I frequent. It seems very popular with the local Korean community and looks different from the usual bean sprouts I'm used to. I bought a packet to try.

I cook it ala Korean style (like what I did previously here) with some soya sauce, Korean chilli powder, sesame oil and sesame seeds after giving them a quick dip in the boiling water. This dish is so simple that I don't even know whether it should be defined as "cooking". LoL. I like it very much though.
Anchovies. The Korean supermarket sell it frozen here.

This dish, from what I know, have the sweet & spicy version, as well as the sweet and salty version because honey or corn syrup are being used for both versions. This is the sweet and salty version. =)















Oh, it is soya bean sprout! I always love it in my bibimbab. Japan sells a delicious spicy vinegar-ish pickled version that I really like. Too bad I have to say goodbye to this forever... why do I have allergies to soya beans of all things?!
ReplyDeleteI like this a lot too. It is a little bit different from the 豆芽 that we are eating in Singapore. The head is so big for this that it feels like I'm also eating "edamame". Hahaha =D Cannot help it when it comes to your allergy bah, but I think it is really zannen and inconvenient to have a soyabean allergy when you are Asian... a lot of our stuff are made of this. =(
ReplyDelete