Food during autumn & winter.
M got me this bento box and chopsticks in its box set when she went back to Taiwan last year.

I'm still bringing my bento most of the time and I'm alternating between 2 bento boxes.
One of the most common bento lunches I bring is a vegetable side dish (in this pic: Spinach ala Korean style as mentioned here) and sushi with avocado and salmon fillings.



Carbonara - W's specialty. The one & only dish he knows how to cook, and made perfect after multiple attempts.



I'm still bringing my bento most of the time and I'm alternating between 2 bento boxes.
One of the most common bento lunches I bring is a vegetable side dish (in this pic: Spinach ala Korean style as mentioned here) and sushi with avocado and salmon fillings.



I forgot that I got to take a pic before putting on the cling film food wrap (cos' I hate staining the covers of my food storage containers) and am too lazy to take the film off after that - Green beans (French named it "Haricots verts") and steamed codfish with julienne ginger, Shaoxing wine and soya sauce for seafood.
Carbonara - W's specialty. The one & only dish he knows how to cook, and made perfect after multiple attempts.

One of my fav food during cold weather conditions cos' comfort food comes in high carbos & high fats content.
In Singapore, one could see mobile stalls selling fry-on-the-spot-with-stones???-chestnuts in a giant wok. Here in Paris, you see people selling them too, but they are 99% foreigners who heat up these chestnuts using charcoal in a metal cylinder with tiny holes poked at the top of the container.

I always see them right outside the exits of metro stations. I will buy a pack or two once in a while when the cold shouts for a warm packet of roasted chestnuts in your hands. They packed them in rolled up magazine pages. Honestly, I don't think they bought the chestnuts themselves, but I would like to think that they pick them in some forests in the suburbs, trying to make ends meet by selling them at 2 Euros per packet.















No comments:
Post a Comment